I’ve written before about exercise and how healthy eating can effect your skin positively. Think of it as cleansing from the inside out. But what happens when you are eating all the right foods, drinking plenty of water and still get the occasional breakout. How do you maintain your healthy skin from the outside in?
Check out below the 5 everyday things you are probably doing to cause pimples.
1. Wash your hands, like, a lot. While you may not realise it you have dirty hands. Avoid touching your face throughout the day and if you have to for any reason wash your hands first! This is a given but always wash your hands before cleansing and moisturising your face. I’m trying Go To Moisturiser at the moment, which I’m loving.
2. Don’t wear makeup when you exercise. Guys you don’t need to look pretty when you exercise and if you do, YOU’RE NOT DOING IT RIGHT. When we get hot and sweaty or pores open up, making after exercise the perfect time to cleanse, exfoliate and moisturise to get the most out of your products. If you wear makeup when you exercise your pores can clog causing pimples.
3. Clean your makeup brushes. I’ve been guilty of this until I recently bought a Mecca Cosmetica Brush with Success spray cleaner. Just spritz your brushes after using them so they are clean for next time to avoid painting bacteria on your face.
4. Wash your pillowcase. I don’t think we need to explain this one but just know that if you don’t your face is all up in there with bacteria. Also that’s just gross, so wash it, regularly.
5. Is your skincare stripping your skin? I converted to chemical free skincare years ago and haven’t looked back. Not only can up to 60% of the chemicals you put on your skin be absorbed in your bloodstream, you may also be damaging and drying your skin, sensitising it causing redness and potentially pimples. I have recently been using the Go To Very Useful Face Cream during the day, which is indeed very useful. It is lightweight but moisturising as I have dry skin. It’s chemical free and a must have in your daily routine. I also cannot recommend enough the Face Hero Oil from the Go To Range. Holy crap guys, put this on at night and wake up with the plumpest, healthiest, glowing skin. Seriously I’m tempted not to share this one with you so I can keep it all to myself. But that would be selfish and I don’t want bad karma.
Reminder, make sure you are still eating and exercising right and for an added boost try the Swisse Hair Skin and Nails serum. I add a capful of this in my smoothie every morning, it promotes the production of collagen.
Spoiler Alert: Collagen is a protein in our body that gives our skin elasticity and keeps it firm. It also helps with the removal of dead skin cells. So if you want to save on botox when you are older get this in you.
Click the links below to shop the product