It’s time to start training for your summer body. But before you get too excited I’m talking about summer 2017. A lot of the time achieving your ‘wish’ body is not just about hitting the circuits 5 times a week for the next month, but adjusting your lifestyle and eating habits.
Before we get into the 5 ab exercises, it’s important to know that you won’t get anywhere by exercising and as soon as Friday hits all your weeks healthy eating habits fly out the door. If you can manage to eat healthy 90% of the time alongside regular exercise you will see changes a lot faster. Most of you will read this and think “duh obviously” but it is a lot easier said than done. One thing I have learnt though is the longer you don’t have chocolate or sweet things, the less you crave them. Scroll down for the ab circuit you need to know.
Ab Exercise Circuit courtesy of Maddie from Inspire Women’s Fitness
1. Russian Twists. You may choose to do this exercise with or without weight. In our Inspire Fitness Circuits we hold a 5kg weight. Do the exercise for 20 seconds, followed by rest for 10 seconds. Repeat 8 times
2. Burpees. You need to learn to love these. As above do the exercise for 20 seconds, 10 seconds rest. Repeat 8 times.
3. Lying Leg Raises. Place your hands under your butt to reduce the strain on your lower back. 20 seconds, 10 seconds rest. Repeat 8 times
4. V Ups. Make sure you flatten your body completely so your legs and upper body hover just above the ground before returning to your starting position (V shape). 20 seconds, 10 seconds rest. Repeat 8 times.
5. Lower Abdominal Crunch. 20 seconds, 10 seconds rest. Repeat 8 times.
EXTRA: Swiss Ball Jack Knife. This exercise is done with a Swiss Ball however if you don’t have one you can replace with Jump Squats. 20 seconds, 10 seconds rest. Repeat 8 times.
TIP: A great way to burn fat is cardio so even if it is raining you can still do 100 burpees in your home to get the blood circulating.
My Location: 80 Calais Road, Scarborough
Inspire also operate from Mullaloo, Bassendean, Fremantle, North Perth and South Perth. Click here to check them out.
See you there!